Systems Architect: III (Senior)
Greenwood Village, CO
- Helps identify technology solutions with the potential to improve business processes. Works with development teams, Systems Engineers, and business unit stakeholders to determine needs and functional specifications. Identifies technical risks and develops mitigation strategies. Provides design, prototype & test plan appropriate to a chosen technical solution. Identifies, documents and manages interdependencies with other systems and elements within technology systems. Evaluates industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support solution integration, design, and business direction and need. Assures integration and communications between enterprise systems. Supports production system implementations, ongoing work, and new functionality for defined business areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the gathering, validating and documenting of business requirements for Risk projects; participates in the determination of functionality required to meet requirements and articulates integration required for the existing environment.
- Assists in the translation of business requirements into technical requirements.
- Determines appropriate analysis tasks and activities with minimal direction; provides realistic level of effort estimates to project manager.
- Conducts analysis and ad-hoc queries for end user requests; supports end users during business hours or as needed
- Serves as a liaison between the Information Technology (IT) developer team and the internal clients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquires and maintains an understanding of IT processes, and develops an expertise in workflows and outputs.
- May assist in leading internal IT-oriented project teams in the identification, design and delivery of process improvement initiatives.
- May facilitate process redesign working sessions with technology teams, identifying customer needs, conducting current state assessments, creating process maps and flows, identifying opportunities for improvement and developing future-state designs.
- Hands-on development for ongoing product support including troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and ongoing development to support business areas
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in a computer science, information systems, or relevant discipline.
- Five or more years of IT experience, including one or more years developing understanding of basic information technology issues and concepts, preferably in banking or financial services industry; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- One or more years of experience implementing process improvement initiatives preferred
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with supporting enterprise-wide solutions and related infrastructure
- Hands on experience with SQL Server and related query tools.
- Understanding of enterprise scheduling (including tools such as Control-M, Autosys, etc.)
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Risk Management processes and/or applications (QRM, Kamakura, FIS Optimist, etc.)
- Experience with modeling and data applications (SAS, Polypaths, Matlab, R, etc.)
- Experience with cloud hosting providers such as AWS and Azure
- Basic knowledge of banking and lending terminology preferred.