ServiceNow Configuration Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6 Months Contract
- Subject matter expert responsible for providing leadership in CM
- Leading a team through the configuration, change, work flows and process management with minimal direction and supervision.
- Responsible for managing administration of configuration management processes and tools (ServiceNow) and recommending product design changes of the overall system
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy and control over configuration items within the configuration management framework
- Supports Discovery processes, analyses results to ensure the health and accuracy of the CMDB
- Oversees a small Service Now Sys Admin team, supports prioritization and occasionally workload
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies, which affect Strategic Service Providers.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercises independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Frequently interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Interactions normally involve matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company
- Ensure that changes to configuration items are approved and processed so that the integrity of the product baseline is maintained throughout the development life cycle
- Manage preparation, justification, evaluation, coordination, disposition, and implementation of proposed engineering changes to affected Configuration Items (CIs) and baselined configuration documentation.
- Provides efficient processing and implementation of configuration changes that maintain or enhance operational readiness, supportability, interchangeability and interoperability
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years experience coordinating project CM processes and activities with internal and external organizations
- ITIL Foundation required, ITIL Intermediate preferred
- Service Now Fundamentals as a minimum is required
- Life Science industry experience preferred.
- Experience supporting Pharmaceutical, Operations and Project Management in planning, assessment, reporting and tracking activities, and in preparation of related presentations and reports
- Experience coordinating and driving timely delivery of CM requirements and other inputs to the organizations implementing new design and CM tools for the operations team
- Experience developing enterprise common service processes and procedures for identifying and maintaining all configuration items related to various systems life cycle projects
- Experience performing CM responsibilities on enterprise IT service delivery and management program similar in size, scope, and complexity to the requirements