Location: Tarrytown, NY
Duration: 9 Months Contract
- The client is upgrading their existing stock of legacy computer systems (Windows XP and Windows 7) to Windows 10.
- As part of this project, networks, servers, and some laboratory instrument control software are also being upgraded.
- Computer systems are directly connected to regulated laboratory instruments.
- System are operated in a validated condition and must undergo a revalidation process during the upgrade process.
- The process is detail centric and often technically complex.
- As most instrument and computer systems are unique, the process will vary from system to system.
- As the process follows a focused SDLC and GmP guidelines, workflows and associated tasks are usually consistent.
- The Project Manager will manage the line level tasks associated with each upgrade.
- They will manage each system as a group of instruments, computer, software, server, etc. And the associated delivery tasks such as validation document authoring, hardware update tasks at a detail level and to a proposed schedule.
- The project manager will also be responsible for vendor management; coordinating and scheduling of onsite visits and facilitating quotes and purchase orders as needed.
- The Project Manager will also manage the budget as it pertains to capital and operational expenditures.
- Additionally, the Project Manager will report bi-weekly on project tasks to the Project Management Governance body using approved templates and Good Data Practices.
- Handling and updating of the formalized project data sheet is also the responsibility of the Project Manager.