Project Management Resource I
Location: Northbrook, IL
Duration: 12 Months Contract
- Describe the measurable areas on which this position has direct or indirect impact.
- Include areas such as operating budget, sales, cost of goods, number of clients or vendors, number and complexity of clinical studies, etc.
- Global process owner for 3-4 global processes in Medical Affairs.
- Management of at least 5-6 MA activities under annual process review with Process Optimization.
- Proactive application of risk mitigation strategies that minimize corporate risk in partnership with Process Optimization.
- Matrix Management of MA colleagues within regions (Americas, Asia Oceania, EMEA, and Japan) in creating global processes for MA activities.
- Organizational Context: Describe the organizational positioning of the role; mention the reporting line, level above and below.
- Include known job family information.
- If a new position or if an organizational change, attach an organizational chart.
- Intent is to give a sense of the work environment in which the responsibilities are performed.
- Reports to Sr. Director, MA Standards & Excellence
- Works closely with MA colleagues, CMT members, Region MA SME leaders in regions (Director Level) and MA leaders (Senior Director Level).
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs colleagues across geographies.
- Partners within MA Operational Excellence (Data Repositories, Metrics & Analytics, Process Optimization, Study & ISR Operations, and Project Management).
- Advanced Degree in a scientific discipline, with preference for life science PhD and MDs.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in healthcare industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with MA (Medical Affairs) External funding (including ISR, Grants for Education, Sponsorships) and/or MA Activities (Symposia, Collaborative Research, Scientific Exchange and/or MSL Excellence ) in a MA organization.
- Demonstrated collaboration in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English.
- Effective management skills, including the ability to effectively engage within cross-functional teams.
- High level understanding of project management, quality assurance and data repository best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) with a high degree of analytical ability, communication skills, conflict-resolution skills, organization and planning skills.