Librarian / Information Specialist
Location: Northbrook, IL
Duration: Long Term Contract
- Conducting advanced technical searches by identifying, analyzing, synthesizing, and delivering published literature and data to Medical Affairs (including HEOR), R&D, Clinical, Business and/or Commercial functions, using premium resources (e.G.: Dialog, Cortellis, Pharmapendium, Informa, Micromedex, QUOSA etc.)
- Delivering training and orientation as assigned to the library portal s key stakeholders worldwide on key resources; contributing to the development and testing of customized standalone tools for the portal;
- Participating in organizing vendor and librarian training for all teams and locations.
- Participating in measuring, use and uptake metrics for the portal and all key resources trained on
- Contributing to the development, evaluation, and testing of library portal content and solutions.
- Participating in trouble shooting issues with vendors and IT support assisting users globally in accessing the global library portal resources, including QUOSA in collaboration with Portal/ Technical Services.
- At least three years of pharmaceutical or corporate library experience in searching roles.
- Experience in searching DIALOG, and other premium databases (Thomson Reuters Cortellis, Informa, Elsevier, Micromedex, etc.) and advanced Internet searching skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and demands.
- Knowledge in multi-national copyright and licensing principles and issues.
- Ability to participate in a global, matrixed team environment.
- Fluent in written and verbal business English. Good oral, written, deliverable and presentation skills.
- Masters in Library and Information Sciences, from an American Library Association accredited program or appropriate equivalent EU education.
- Three years pharmaceutical industry library database searching experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in a health sciences or equivalent experience.