Location: Branford, CT
Duration: 6 Months Contract
- Prepare specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Conduct genetic analysis of blood, saliva, dried blood spots or human tissue to determine presence of abnormal sequence changes.
- Review test results for QC purposes, maintain legible work records, and enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verify proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and document data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- Bachelor s Degree in biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds