GIS/SmallWorld Analyst II
- This role will support the Geographic Information Systems (GIS - GE Smallworld) suite of applications to ensure the overall provisions of services required by customer groups in the business are performed. This role will deliver day to day business user support via help desk functionality, application configuration and user access request processing while working towards becoming subject matter expert for supported applications.
- This position will work with key business users in the provisions of services; analyze data and activities to provide relevant and up to date information to support decision-making and the effective working.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide business driven user support to ensure the timely response to business questions and issues to foster a productive environment and application knowledge, i.E. Help desk Tier 2 & 3 phone support and application access request processing to ensure compliance and controls.
- Analyze business processes related to the use of systems and identify/implement opportunities for change to maximize efficiency and value of the system to the users.
- Develop test plans and documentation for application upgrades and other changes and perform user acceptance testing to ensure changes are effectively tested meeting business requirements to mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with technical groups to investigate and resolve issues
- Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor' s degree in Information Systems, Geography, Engineering, Business or other technical or related fields and up to 5 years of related experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a help desk environment
- Strong knowledge of GIS applications (GE Smallworld required)
- Proficient with computer applications including demonstrated skills in spreadsheets, databases and query tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to articulate information to technical teams and business key stakeholders