Associate Director, R&D Project Management # JN -092020-55649
- The Associate Director, Aesthetics will drive cross-functional teams to execute various projects; including department initiatives, alignment of processes and methods as well as product development involving new product launches, achieving new clinical indications and global expansion of existing products. The Associate Director is responsible for the effective management (organization, planning, execution, control, and evaluation) of all aspects of the projects.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Drive and support department initiatives relating to process and method alignment.
- Support integration activities.
- Manage the cross-functional integrated project plan and drive the execution through cross-functional teams, building the global project strategy, ensuring milestones, goals, risk and budget are achieved
- Effectively collaborate with R&D governance boards, communicate project status to management and provide resolution options/recommendations for project issues
- Provide decision analysis expertise and tools to the project teams for strategic planning and operational execution
- Will support or lead the management of overall project financials and incorporating forecasts from core team members.
- A passionate project manager with good experience of the product development pathway.
- 8-10 years experience in R&D environment, including 6+ years as Project Manager or equivalent.
- Expert in product development and the interdependencies of individual development activities. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for product registration on global basis.
- Expert in the application of project management software and ability to utilize AGN R&D project and portfolio management systems.
- Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve project issues, including those related to timing, resources and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones.
- Excellence in communication, stakeholder management, facilitating and managing meetings.
- Expert in facilitating team decision making.
- Ability to encourage intelligent risk taking and a bold culture.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
- PMP certification is helpful but not required.