Applications Development Systems Analyst
- Under general supervision, analyze systems specifications and develop applications to support information systems processes. Assist with development of program specifications. Design, code, test, debug, document and maintain these programs. Assist in research and fact-finding to develop and/or modify information systems.
Required Work Experience:
- 6 years of application development, systems testing or other job related experience.
Required Experience with the following:
- C# (3-4 yrs.)
- .Net MVC (4 yrs.)
- .NET WCF
Nice to Have:
- Web Services
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of applications/development, quality assurance and integration methodologies, concepts and facilities in a mainframe, midrange, and/or PC/LAN environment. Good analysis, decision-making, and problem solving skills. Demonstrates logical abstract thinking and assimilating/adhering to project goals and deadlines. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team. Pays attention to detail. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors etc.
Required Software and Tools:
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, programming languages, and development tools and their usage in the company.
- 20% Work closely with analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Confer with user representatives to gain an understanding of necessary changes to system.
- 20% Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems, and devise computer programs, systems and related procedures to process data. Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area.
- 20% Maintain and modify programs according to specifications. Design, code, implement, maintain and support application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Make recommendations toward the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- 20% Assist in the analysis of production system problems and in recommending workable solutions. Assist in component and data architecture design, and performance monitoring.
- 20% Test modified programs, verify logic, perform any necessary " debugging", and write the documentation.