Utility Relations Specialist # JN -082019-48390
- The Utility Relations Specialist provides assistance and administrative support to the Utility Relations Manager. Primary responsibilities include researching, preparing, and submitting Utility Summaries for each new project, as well as facilitating utility kick off meetings for each new project at or before the project kickoff. Additionally, the Utility Specialist will review initial applications for attachment and power for each new project to ensure conformance with utility requirements, monitor application timelines and assist in escalating delays internally and externally. The Utility Relations Specialist performs the initial interface with new utilities to determine the process for acquiring an attachment agreement and power applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support with all aspects of preparing and securing utility agreements and applications as needed for installation of facilities on or in regulated utility infrastructure.
- Orders insurance certificates and bonds for newly executed utility agreements
- Assists in researching and preparing Utility Summaries for each project detailing key utility requirements related to network design and equipment, and interfaces with cross-functional teams to update information in databases and authorization analyses.
- Assists in the negotiation of utility attachment agreements as needed in accordance with standards and parameters
- Maintains relationships with utilities and supports Implementation team s timely submittal and processing of attachment applications for poles and conduits as well as power delivery.
- Serves as liaison between National Utility group and the District Implementation, Network Operations and Asset Management groups to obtain, administer and ensure compliance with utility agreement requirements during the all stages of network construction and deployment as well as ongoing operations and/or site modifications.
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding conditions of attachment to utility poles, conduits and easements.
- Interact with customers and vendors to ensure proper communication on and coordination of various project-related initiatives
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to four (4) years proven experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters and/or engineering and/or rights-of-way.
- Wireless Industry experience preferred or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction required.
- Experience in and knowledge of NESC, GO 95, NEC and FCC/state pole and conduit attachment regulations preferred.
- Experience deploying distributed network systems within the context of deploying telecommunications networks on utility infrastructure preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with negotiating experience preferred.
- Must be experienced in navigating corporate environment and working within a corporate group context.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Keen attention to detail
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach