Senior System Engineer - Test Equipment # JN -022020-51854
- Looking for a Sr. System Engineer to join our Test Equipment Engineering team. In this role, you will be a primary motivator and contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex test equipment used to test military and commercial aircraft control components. This position is located at our facility in Torrance, CA.
Essential job functions:
As a Sr. System Engineer for Test Equipment, you will
- Work with internal and external customers to develop and refine system requirements.
- Conceptualize, model and design computer controlled mechanical/hydraulic test rigs.
- Develop functional system models of the test equipment and actuators using MATLAB, Simulink, and AMESIM, and integrate them on computerized test consoles.
- Define automated testing scripts for electro/hydro/mechanical actuators and controllers using MATLAB and/or Python.
- Operate either independently or as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers
- Develop PID or other control system designs using Simulink, and lead tuning of the test equipment s electro/hydro/mechanical control of the units under test and their load systems.
- Develop architecture documents and system integration and testing plans and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering
- 10+ years of professional Engineeringwork experience
- Engineering work experience with electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic mechanisms/systems
- Development experience as part of a project team
- Due to certain military programs, US citizenship with ability to obtain D.O.D. Secret clearance is required. Having an existing clearance is a plus
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Master s Degree in Engineering
- Experience with the design, modelling, analysis, and development of complex servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs
- Experience in the areas of requirements definition, integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management
- Engineering experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience in off-the-shelf, real-time systems such as dSPACE and National Instruments is a plus