Information Management / DBA # JN -082017-35235
- Minimum 8 years' work experience in Oracle RAC Database Administration.
- Comprehensive background with physical DBA support in a complex environments.
- Expert level Knowledge of Golden Gate Replication. Active/Active replication.
- Database skills must include: Installation/Upgrade of the database software on Linux platform,
- RMAN backup and recovery of the Oracle Database, performance tuning, migration,
- data guard replication, configuration and security administration.
- Familiarity of the Data movement utilities.
- UNIX scripting.
- Golden Gate
- Data guard
- Oracle Database
- Responsible for coordinating changes to computer databases, test and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems. Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the computer database.
- High School Degree and 2 year technical degree in computer programming or equivalent training required. Bachelor degree preferred. 6 to 8 years experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to work independently and manage one s time. Strong knowledge of computer software, such as SQL, Visual Basic, Oracle, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct programmers and analysts to make changes to existing databases and database management systems. Direct others in coding logical and physical database descriptions. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. Review and approve database development and determine project scope and limitations. Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems. Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure. Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information. Perform other duties as assigned.