Financial Analyst Senior # JN -082019-48407
- Collect information, analyze data to facilitate forecasts of service revenue and prepare financial reports.
Essential Job Functions
- Summarize and analyze financial data from various internal and external sources.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analyst data.
- Assist in the monthly close of the general ledger.
- Prepare and analyze reports related to re-forecasting based on historical financial results and anticipated pipeline activity.
- Prepare quantitative reports for presentation to management, functional teams as needed, the board of directors, the shareholders, or others as appropriate.
- Review operational and data quality reports to ensure that errors and omissions are corrected accurately and in a timely manner.
- Run recurring weekly reports
- Propose process improvements and develop documentations associated to them
- Develop new predictive models for financial metrics
- Attend business partner meetings
- Create reports for ad hoc requests
- Build a survey for business partners
- Assess available tools for the survey and present a cost/benefit case
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in a financial analysis or accounting related position
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office
- Experience with Tableau/CRM/Alteryx desired
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem solving environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem solving approach
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, reporting and interpretation
- Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate financial analysis results to management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the JD Edwards Accounting system