Contract Project Manager
Location: Buffalo, NY
Duration: 6 Months
- Manages projects with multiple interfaces or initiatives, or one larger project affecting two businesses or functional areas.
- Manages changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Manage projects with multiple interfaces or initiatives, or one larger project affecting two businesses or functional areas, from initiation through close. Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
- Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.G. Planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
- Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
- Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals. Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast. Monitor and control project work including change controls.
- Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
- Support larger project initiatives working under the direction of higher management.
- Understand and adhere to the Company s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Under direction of more senior Project Manager, manages multiple projects, multiple interfaces or one larger project impacting two businesses or functions; responsibility for the projects includes all aspects from initiation to close.
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
- No direct reports, but manages a project team ranging from 6 10 employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor s degree and a minimum of 3 years proven general management, project analysis or project management experience, OR in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years proven general management, project analysis or project management experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages. Sound knowledge of project management methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly an ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus. Regularly communicates verbally and in writing with management on status of initiatives, in a professional and understandable manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and well-organized individual.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under time constraints in support of various assignments.
- Ability to function professionally at many different levels (clients, management and peers).
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for business partner relationships within and outside the organization.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willing to obtain within 24 months.